- August arrived, the incessant rain stopped, and it finally felt like Summer exploded with more humidity than normal.
- By the time August arrived, my flower bed was more of a weed bed than flowers. I finally just pulled the weeds and not many flowers left that hadn’t been strangled by the weeds.
- We sadly had been trying to sell our place at the lake kind of on and off since last Summer. Finally, someone wanted to buy it. With mixed emotions, we said good-bye to a past era of fun.
- My outdoor furniture chairs were a mess, I recovered them as well as the swing canopy.
- The grandbabykins kept me company some, but not as much as usual this Summer, but when he is here, it’s always a fun day. His mama’s work and school schedule was lighter than normal this Summer so he got to hang our more at home. I miss him, but glad he and his mom had the Summer months. Then too soon, school started back the 2nd week of August.
- The grandbabykins had his birthday party at a gym where all the kids could zipline, walk tightrope, climb, etc. The picture is of he and his mama getting ready to climb. He loved having her climb too.
- I miss getting out more with my camera, but did manage some pictures of the weeds. 🙂
- Still enthused with my reading through the Bible. It was Song of Solomon for August. Next will be Acts.
Sharing my collage over at Mona’s Picturesque. Make a collage of your August and head on over and share at her page. Fun to see how others spent their month. Enjoy!!
~hugs ‘n giggles~
Just scribbling about whatever
Didn’t really have much going on this month. My car needed brake line repair so haven’t been out much to take pictures in a while. Thanks to the hubby though who finally got my car fixed. Bless his heart even with his illness, he just keeps plugging along and has been able to work on it since the weather turned nice this week. I am thrilled to have a vehicle again.
I was able to use hubby’s pick-up (I’m short and I don’t really like using it much ~ the climbing in and out) to visit my son’s Church on Easter Sunday. It was an inspiring, joyous message that morning…Praise Jesus. He stayed after, and I drove home the long way and found this covered bridge that I’d been wanting to see. It was such a beautiful sunny day, and after being sick most all of March with the flu, I hadn’t been out so I tarried along the way for a nice drive in the country.
Pop on over to Mona’s Picturesque and share your Month of April collage or just see what others are sharing.
Happy 1st of May….and finally we’re heading into warmer weather. yay!!!
As we say ‘Goodbye’ to January, I’m sharing my January Collage with Mona’s Picturesque monthly link up. January pretty much has been nothing but snow and cold so far, but we’ve been really lucky with not a lot of accumulation. We’ve pretty much just hibernated and not doing much except plowing and shoveling snow. The granbabykins even likes to help shovel when he’s here. As for me, I pretty much leave that job up to the guys. 🙂
The weather has drifted back and forth so we have had thaws in between. This week-end they are calling for a record snowfall for our area so far this season, but I’m hoping it doesn’t materialize like they’re saying. If it does, we’ll be pretty much just staying in and watching the Super Bowl.
I’m ready for Spring already and it’s only the end of January. bleh!!!
Pop over and visit Mona’s site. She’s an awesome photographer and shares some of her wonderful photos on her site. You won’t be disappointed with your visit. She has a monthly link up called a Month In Photos (the end of each month). Check out what others have been doing in the month of January.
Thanks for visiting, and I’d love to hear how your winter season is going so far or whatever season you might be experiencing right now.
This month’s theme for Pixel Dust Photo Art is ‘Collage’. Textured with Bonnie’s pdpa Notes de Provence and pdpa Old World Charm.
Happy May, and Blessing that your month will be full of Joy and you don’t step on any Frogs along the way.
~Smiles ‘n Giggles~