A rainy Fall day in Ohio. Good day to be lazy. Didn’t stop the photo taking though of the rain and a leaf against the window.
The one below I changed to black and white to share with Black and White Wednesdays. It reflects also more the dreary mood of the day, but the rain was needed.
Remember to set those clocks go back this Sunday. Nov. 1st if Fall Back! 🙂
- August arrived, the incessant rain stopped, and it finally felt like Summer exploded with more humidity than normal.
- By the time August arrived, my flower bed was more of a weed bed than flowers. I finally just pulled the weeds and not many flowers left that hadn’t been strangled by the weeds.
- We sadly had been trying to sell our place at the lake kind of on and off since last Summer. Finally, someone wanted to buy it. With mixed emotions, we said good-bye to a past era of fun.
- My outdoor furniture chairs were a mess, I recovered them as well as the swing canopy.
- The grandbabykins kept me company some, but not as much as usual this Summer, but when he is here, it’s always a fun day. His mama’s work and school schedule was lighter than normal this Summer so he got to hang our more at home. I miss him, but glad he and his mom had the Summer months. Then too soon, school started back the 2nd week of August.
- The grandbabykins had his birthday party at a gym where all the kids could zipline, walk tightrope, climb, etc. The picture is of he and his mama getting ready to climb. He loved having her climb too.
- I miss getting out more with my camera, but did manage some pictures of the weeds. 🙂
- Still enthused with my reading through the Bible. It was Song of Solomon for August. Next will be Acts.
Sharing my collage over at Mona’s Picturesque. Make a collage of your August and head on over and share at her page. Fun to see how others spent their month. Enjoy!!
~hugs ‘n giggles~
Just scribbling about whatever
I’ve been a garage sale, thrift store junkie since the 70’s. This was a recent find and had to share since it fits with our Christmas season. It’s wooden with a metal bell that holds a candle. Not real sure I’m crazy about the candle top, but love the bell. Soon as I spotted it, I knew it was on its way to my house. 🙂
I applied a frame and background that’s built into Adobe Photoshop and then applied Kim’s kk_edith since I’m sharing with Texture Tuesday.
I cannot believe that next Tuesday is Christmas Eve. It’s coming and coming fast. Actually, it seems that it is sneaking up on me when I realize that it is next week. I’m thinking I should probably plan the meal and head to the grocery store this week.
As we head into Christmas, we’ve had lots of snow ~ even the soft falling big flakes kind of snow that I love when the weather is just right for walking in it or just standing outside and taking in the beauty. However, they are saying that the wonderful white stuff is about to be replaced by three days of rain to wash it all away and then it will be a brown Christmas. But, never to fear because when our kids and grandkids arrive, the sunshine always arrives with them because their spirit and laughter can brighten any day.
Joyeux Noel and Bonne Annee
(isn’t French such lovely looking words for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?)